I’ve had more than a few messages asking about my skincare and makeup routines, so I figured it was time to write up a post! I was not much of a product maven before finding Beautycounter, but now that I’ve been using Beautycounter for almost a year I’ve had the opportunity to try out different products and find the best ones for my skin. You can also check out my makeup routine here.
I have drier skin with no skin problems (i.e. acne, eczema) but if you need something for a specific condition, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can help you out! Beautycounter has four different skincare collections — Countermatch, Rejuvenating, Countercontrol, and Counterman, which is formulated for men’s skin needs. No matter what type of skin you have, don’t forget SUNSCREEN! Even the FDA (who hardly regulates this industry, thus why Beautycounter’s mission is awesome!!) is on the mineral sunscreen train these days. Mineral sunscreens (like Beautycounter’s!) are not only better for YOU, they’re healthier for the ocean and reefs too!
- I know it says to use these after cleansing (so most likely at night), but I like to use them to prep my face in the morning for my moisturizer. The mixed fruit acid and Vitamin C reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and the lentil seed extract tightens and refines the appearance of pores. I use both sides of the pad to make them last longer — from 40 pads I get 80 uses. Some clients even cut the pads in half to get 4 uses out of one pad!
- I can’t start my morning without a few drops of this citrus-y, Vitamin C goodness. It awakens and replenishes my skin and gives me a dewy glow. Fun fact: even if you have oily skin, you should be using a face oil to balance out your natural oils!
- One little pump goes a long way towards hydrating my skin. Hyaluronic acid delivers moisture without clogging pores and Vitamins C & E provide anti-oxidant protection
- The really cool part is the bio-mimic technology that adapts over the course of the day to give your skin all the hydration it needs, when it needs it.
- You definitely don’t need two moisturizers, but I find that my skin is happier when I also apply a little of this lotion. It’s incredibly lightweight and gives my skin just a little extra boost of hydration with the same bio-mimic technology as the serum.
I usually do my morning skincare routine and then eat breakfast and pack my lunch before putting on my makeup. I like to give the moisturizers enough time to really get into my skin before moving on to the next step. You can read about my makeup routine and favorites here! My evening routine is much quicker than my morning routine (although the morning still only takes a few minutes!).
- Cleansing Balm — Hands down my favorite product. I use an almond sized amount of balm and slather it on my face, then use a washcloth to take off all my makeup. Sometimes I’ll use an extra bit of the balm as an overnight hydration mask if my skin is feeling especially dry.
There are also some products I use just a few times a week.
Overnight Resurfacing Peel — I’ve only recently started using the peel, but I can already tell a difference with some spots and fine lines on my face. It is made of 15 different resurfacing and soothing plant acids, so you don’t end up with any redness like you would after a typical facial. It’s probably the best at-home facial on the market! And I haven’t even told to you the best part — it doesn’t actually peel and you don’t need to wipe anything off. It dissolves those top layer dead skin cells and then soothes the new ones on the surface. Let it absorb for 5 minutes, put on some moisturizer, and wake up to gorgeous skin.
No. 3 Charcoal Mask — I try to do this mask once a week. It absorbs excess oils and refines the appearance of my pores and oh yeah, it makes my skin SO FREAKING SOFT. I’m telling you, I’ve never had a mask my my skin feel so good.
You definitely don’t need to have all these products in your arsenal — and honestly, staying hydrated will also help with your skin’s moisture! But I’m trying to care for my skin now to delay the inevitabilities of aging (hello almost 30!). You can take my 2-minute skincare survey for personalized recommendations or send me an email at email@example.com with any questions!